Cloud server backup gives companies the ability to store a copy of mission critical data offsite. This application provides users with a system for the backup, storage, and recovery of computer files. Online backup systems are usually built around a client’s software program that runs on a schedule typically once a day, and once at night while computers aren’t in use. This program normally collects, compresses, encrypts, and transfers the data to the remote backup service provider’s servers or off-site hardware. Most companies have defined levels of backup- incremental, full system, and real time.
Why Cloud Server Backup?
- Online access to data
- Replication on disks, not tape
- Unlimited backup sets and schedules
- Incremental, Differential, and Full backup control
- Fully mirrored replication of data
- Data remains intact and recoverable for disaster recovery protection
- Daily contact confirming data has been successfully backed up
- Eliminates the capital expense of purchasing new storage units
- Company pays for only what is needed